10 Jan 5 Simple Business Tips | Shannon-Baum Signs | Maryland Sign Shop
Posted at 16:06h in Uncategorized
The new year is here and it is time to move forward and determine how you can make the best of this year. Whether you are deciding to enter your first year of business, or your business has been around for quite a while, we have five simple tips to help grow your knowledge and your business. All of these tips are inexpensive and easy to fit into your normal routine.
- Take advantage of social media. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and many other social networking sites are completely FREE and can help you create a relationship with your clients and keep them up-to-date. They can also expose your business to a completely new audience that may have never found your storefront or website!
- Network! Go to local events, trade shows, and anywhere else that may have people who are interested in your field. Start a conversation and create relationships with other professionals that you can learn from and also collaborate with!
- Join online groups and forums. Along with networking in person, you should also network online. Find a Facebook group of other professionals like you (trust us, there is one related to your field) and join the conversation! These types of groups are helpful because they share what has worked for them, along with what hasn’t worked. Online networking also allows you to connect with people from all over the world!
- Get A LOT of business cards. Business cards are relatively cheap and easy to design (you can order directly from us!). Since they are small, you can keep them with you at all times. Bring them to those networking events and hand them out! That way, people will have an easy way to remember you. Leave them in local coffee shops, restaurants, and anywhere else that allows you to do so. If you have a lot of business cards, you’ll never be hesitant about handing them out!
- Subscribe to a website or magazine related to your field. Technology is ever-changing, which means there are always things to keep up with. Subscribe to a credible source that relates to your profession. Make sure you are up-to-date on all of the latest trends and information related to your field. If you fall behind everyone else by not educating yourself your business will suffer.
These are just a few simple ways you can improve your business. They don’t require massive change, just 10-15 minutes per day. We hope they help propel your business forward in the new year!